Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011: A Year of New Beginnings

First of all, I  wanna wish everyone a Happy New Year... May things turns out better in this new year for all of us.. (kayak banyak yang baca aja ya..?! Hehehe :D)

This year, there are so many new things that happened to me.
One of the biggest thing is, I got a new full-time job. Yay! Finally after a struggle through the recruitment processes, I nailed the job :)
But with this new job, I needed to re-evaluate my plans, especially my study plans. That time I was still in my second semester of post grad school. Since this job wasn't easy to get, so I decided to postpone and take a leave from school, up until now.

So, starting from the 1st of May 2011, I started my training for this new job in one of their training center in Makassar. At that time, imagining to live in a city so far away from home was a little scary. Well, I've spent three years far from home once I did my undergraduate studies, but Bandung isn't as far as Makassar from Pekanbaru, right?
So then, I spent nearly half of 2011 in this not so new city. Learning my least favorite subject in senior high, Accounting and Finance (Aaargh!) Well, the quotation saying "What you resist, persist" is pretty much true in this matter. I never liked Accounting, never get good grades in this subject, refuse to take Financial Management as a major during undergrad. But now, I end up having to study this very subject all over again for  five months.
These months has been stressful yet fun. In my previous post I wrote that there are tests nearly every week during this five months. But then again, the togetherness of 77 strangers living far far away from home and the spirit to be a good auditor makes us stay.
The chance to explore the city and some tourist destination around South Sulawesi during the weekends made this training worth it. Hehehe.. It saves a lot of money though, since we only have to pay for a small part of our traveling expense. Because everyone whose following the training gets two chance to go on holiday together with the whole participants of training, the transportation and accommodation was covered, we just have to add a few hundred thousand Rupiahs to sum it up if it cost more.

So, on weekdays the day starts with a morning ceremony where the "Pembina" checks whether everyone's there, who is sick, who's absent. it's held around 6.45 AM before breakfast and another one held after breakfast before entering class. The classes starts on 8 AM up until 4 PM from Monday to Friday.
During the first two weeks, we still have class until 8 PM. Oh my, this was soooo exhausting. But after that period of time, we only study during the day.  

We have sports training twice a week, early in the morning on Tuesdays and Fridays. It was really hard to wake up that early for Subuh prayers and sports. But when we get used to it, it became a habit.

At night, we had dinner around seven. Afterwards, we have time for self study and then another ceremony with the Pembina for attendance check.

During weekends we spent our times touring the city. Malls, museum, beaches, and everything else. Movies, karaoke, sports, souvenirs shopping, and grocery shopping. We just do what can be done outside the dorm.
This weekend activities grouped us. We tend to go out with the ones who shared similar interest and point of views. I got new best friends here. Angga, Sandrina, Dewi, Likur, Hadi, Andina, Azaris, Tina, Rezka, Isha, Ika and some others. And I also found love. *smirk*

He was one of my training buddy in Makassar. He already showed his attention and intention around the last month of the training. And we were stationed in the same city and office, Jakarta. Our relationship continues in Jakarta, up until now. It's growing stronger, I guess.

So, here I am living my life in 2012, while being thankful for every little thing I've achieved and got in 2011.
Life goes on, no matter what.

Cheers,
Zha

0 comments: