Sunday, November 16, 2008

Indonesia Book Fair 2008

Yesterday I went to the Indonesia Book Fair at the Plenary Hall, JHCC. There was a lot of book publishers and book stores following that event. They give a lot of discounts for books there, starting from 10% to 70%. That was really a great deal for a book lover like me. I can't save a lot by coming to these event and buying books here.

By coming to this event I was hoping that I could find some good English books, from my favorite authors of course, or any best selling books that some people recommends me to read. But, I didn't find any good English book with a good price. Most of the English book that I want, was sold with a normal price. Hmmmmm....This made me a little upset...Huuff... I searched for them in almost every stands that sells English books. But most of them don't have a really good price. So, I move on to find Indonesian books that I have been targeting to buy, when I went to a bookstore last time.

So, after searching around the Hall for about half an hour, I finally bought one Novel, entitled "Where Rainbows Ends" by Cecelia Ahern. Then I went on searching again, to other stands, then I found a poetry book called "Fruits: Falvor of Life" by Marrysa Tunjung Sari. I've already read half of it, it's good actually.
so, I continue searching, but found nothing interesting. But I remembered that I had an interest on a book at the stand where I bought the first book. So I get back there and bought "Bellamore: A Beautiful Love to Remember" by Karla M. Nashar. Well, I'm happy that I got the books that I wanted.

On that same time, at the same place, there were also a computer exhibition at another hall. So, I also went there to look around. Makes me wanna buy a new iPod nano...huhuhu...(maybe when i got my paycheck!) and also making me wanting those Hi-tech Laptops...hmmm... But at last, I didn't buy anything here.

Then I got lunch and went home.

0 comments: